Why are New Year's Resolutions Important?
While we believe that the best time to take action is now, whenever that is, we are also aware that a new year is a time when many people seek change. Think about it as setting a theme to your life for a period of time. As such, January is a great time to reflect on the year that has passed and to set goals for the year ahead. It's a time for new beginnings and fresh starts. This can be a great opportunity to think about what kind of changes you want to make in your life, and to make a plan for achieving them. Whether it's taking steps to improve your health, starting a new hobby, or learning a new skill, the possibilities are endless.
New Year's resolutions give us the motivation to make positive changes and the self-discipline to stick to them. Resolutions can help us focus on our goals and dreams and give us a plan of action to work towards them. They can help us become more mindful of our habits and behaviors and help us become better versions of ourselves.
If you're feeling overwhelmed, start small and focus on one goal at a time. Here's to a successful, healthy, and happy 2023!
5 tips for setting goals for this year
- Make sure your goals are realistic and achievable. Set yourself small goals that are more likely to be achieved, and then set larger goals that will take more time to achieve.
- Break down your goals into smaller steps. Focus on one step at a time and don’t be overwhelmed by the big picture.
- Set deadlines for yourself so that you stay on track. Make sure to include mini-deadlines along the way to stay motivated.
- Find ways to hold yourself accountable. Whether it’s joining a group or setting reminders, find something that will keep you motivated and on track.
- Celebrate your successes! Acknowledge your progress and reward yourself for completing the milestones along the way.
How to set the mood for goal setting and planning
Setting the right mood for goal setting and planning is key to getting the most out of the process. To start, make sure you have a comfortable and quiet space to work in. It can be helpful to light some candles or diffuse essential oils to create a relaxing atmosphere. If you're looking for an extra boost, play some calming music in the background. Once you're in the right mindset, it's time to start planning. Have paper and pens ready to jot down your ideas and make sure you have plenty of time to devote to the process. Taking the time to plan and set goals can be incredibly rewarding, so be sure to enjoy the journey. Good luck!
If you're looking for a candle to help get you in the mindset to write out your goals and plans try our Reset candle as it was designed to do specifically this! This delightful candle features a soothing blend of lavender and sage. When lit, it fills your home with an aromatic aroma of calming lavender and earthy sage. The soft glow of the candle will provide a relaxing atmosphere, perfect for winding down after a long day. This candle is sure to help you relax, unwind, and find your inner peace. Now cue you're favorite playlist and you're ready to go!
Do you set New Year's Resolutions? Why or why not?